Baked Ziti with Ricotta: A Mouthwatering Pasta Recipe to Satisfy Your Cravings
Baked Ziti with Ricotta is a classic Italian-American dish that combines the comforting flavors of pasta, tomato sauce, and creamy ricotta cheese. This mouthwatering recipe is perfect for satisfying your cravings for a hearty and delicious meal. Whether you're cooking for a crowd or just looking to indulge in some comfort food, Baked Ziti with Ricotta is sure to be a hit. So let's dive in and discover how to make this irresistible pasta dish!
Ingredients required for Baked Ziti with Ricotta
To make this delicious Baked Ziti with Ricotta, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of ziti pasta
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) of marinara sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
These simple yet flavorful ingredients come together to create a mouthwatering dish that will leave you craving for more. Let's move on to the next section to learn how to prepare this delectable Baked Ziti with Ricotta.
Step-by-step instructions on how to make Baked Ziti with Ricotta
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking dish.
2. Cook the ziti pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add ground beef or sausage to the skillet and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat.
5. Stir in marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and beaten egg.
7. Combine the cooked ziti pasta with the meat sauce in the skillet and mix well.
8. Transfer half of the ziti mixture to the greased baking dish.
9. Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the ziti layer.
10. Repeat with another layer of ziti mixture followed by remaining ricotta mixture on top.
11. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the final layer of ricotta mixture.
12. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
13. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
14. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving hot.
Enjoy your delicious Baked Ziti with Ricotta!
Tips and variations for Baked Ziti with Ricotta
Tips and Variations for Baked Ziti with Ricotta:
1. Add vegetables: To make your Baked Ziti with Ricotta even more nutritious, consider adding some sautéed vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. This will add a pop of color and extra flavor to the dish.
2. Experiment with different cheeses: While ricotta is traditionally used in Baked Ziti, feel free to get creative and try different types of cheese. Mozzarella, Parmesan, or even a blend of Italian cheeses can be used to enhance the cheesy goodness of this dish.
3. Spice it up: If you prefer a little heat in your pasta dishes, try adding some red pepper flakes or chili powder to the sauce. This will give your Baked Ziti with Ricotta a subtle kick that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
4. Make it meaty: For those who enjoy meat in their pasta dishes, you can easily incorporate cooked ground beef, sausage, or diced chicken into the recipe. Just brown the meat before adding it to the sauce for an added protein boost.
5. Customize the herbs and spices: Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences. Basil, oregano, garlic powder, or even a pinch of nutmeg can elevate the flavors of your Baked Ziti with Ricotta.
Remember, these tips and variations are just suggestions – feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own!
Serving suggestions for Baked Ziti with Ricotta
Serving Suggestions for Baked Ziti with Ricotta:
Baked Ziti with Ricotta is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with other complementary dishes. Here are some serving suggestions to enhance your dining experience:
1. Garlic Bread: Serve a side of warm, crusty garlic bread to soak up the delicious sauce and add an extra layer of flavor to each bite.
2. Green Salad: Balance out the richness of the baked ziti by serving it alongside a fresh green salad. The crispness of the greens will provide a refreshing contrast to the creamy pasta.
3. Roasted Vegetables: Add some roasted vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, or eggplant as a side dish. The caramelized flavors and vibrant colors will complement the cheesy goodness of the ziti.
4. Italian Sausage: For meat lovers, serve some grilled or pan-seared Italian sausage slices alongside the baked ziti. The savory sausage will add an extra dimension of flavor to every forkful.
5. Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle some freshly chopped basil or parsley over the top of your baked ziti just before serving. Not only will it add a pop of color, but it will also infuse the dish with a burst of freshness.
Remember, these suggestions are just starting points – feel free to get creative and experiment with different accompaniments based on your personal preferences. Whether you choose to keep it simple or go all out, Baked Ziti with Ricotta is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
In conclusion, Baked Ziti with Ricotta is a mouthwatering pasta dish that is sure to satisfy your cravings. The combination of the rich tomato sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, and perfectly cooked ziti noodles creates a comforting and flavorful meal. Whether you're cooking for a crowd or enjoying a cozy night in, this recipe is a winner. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, it's a dish that can be enjoyed by both novice and experienced cooks alike. So why not give it a try and savor the deliciousness of Baked Ziti with Ricotta? You won't be disappointed!
Published: 24. 11. 2023